To Create a MySQL Database
MySQL is an open-source relational database management system. It is one of the best RDBMS being used for developing web-based software applications. You have access to root user, you can easy create any database using mysql.
In this article will give you how you can easily create a new database from your cPanel. Follow the steps and create a MySQL Database.
Step 1 : Log in your cPanel.
Step 2 : Go to MySQL Databases.
Step 3 : Navigate to the Create New Database box.
Step 4 : Enter the Database Name in the New Database text field.
Step 5 : Click on the Create Database button.
Step 6 : The database name will be preceded by the cPanel username.
Example, if your cPanel user name is user and you want to have a database named test, the actual database name will be user_test.
Then, You will get a confirmation message.
Back Up Your Drupal Website
Drupal Website backing up involves backing up both the site’s database and its files. Just for taking file backup doesn’t help. Always take database and files backup whenever you take Drupal Website backup.
Step 1. To Back Up Your Files
1) Download all files pertaining to your Drupal website using an FTP client.
2) The illustration below shows a Drupal website installed in a sub-directory called “drupal”
2) The FTP client FileZilla is used to download the files.
Step 2. To Back Up Your Database
1) Log in to your hosting account’s cPanel
2) Click on “phpMyAdmin” in the Databases section
3) Then click on Databases
4) Select your Drupal website’s database
5) Then click Export
6) In the following page, click Go
7) Save the file to your desired location.
Congratulations! You have now backed up your Drupal website.
phpMyAdmin makes the task of managing your MySQL databases easier and more efficient, and it allows you to manage those available databases from anywhere. With phpMyAdmin, you can create, edit, back up, Import, export, and delete databases, as well as manage database tables. When you export a database, you are creating a backup file of the database. This backup file is usually a .sql file (a text file), and can be used to copy and import the database onto another server.
Export Database using PHPMyAdmin
1) Log into phpMyAdmin
2) Click the database you are working with.
3) Click Export Button
4) Under the Export heading, Selected SQL option
5) Under the Options heading, ensure that you have selected, Add DROP TABLE / VIEW / PROCEDURE / FUNCTION
6) Ensure the Save as file option is checked.
7) Click Go Button
8) You will be prompted to either open or save the file. Select the option to save the file and then save the somewhere you’ll remember.
Congratulations, you have just exported a copy of your database!